Thursday, July 26, 2012

The purple people eater

I am going to let you in on a little secret of mine: I am addicted to the scale. Ha! If you have been reading my blog, you are probably laughing right now because that aint no secret at all… Why are we so fixed on a number?? I mean seriously, unless you wear that number around you neck or painted on your clothes, NO ONE knows what it is. What matters more then the number of pounds you lose is the number of inches you lose. Well on with my story…

Last night I was getting frustrated because the scale is pissing me off (go figure) so I decided to try on my purple shorts that I plan on wearing onto the cruise boat in 65 days. Last week when I put them on, they were really snug and could barley button. This week when I put them on, I was able to button them with ease and they were snug but not as much as last week. I took a picture and compared it to the one I took last week and oh my cheese, I could really tell a difference. I had to send it to Jamie to make sure my eyes weren’t playing tricks on me. Instantly, the number on the scale went out the window and I was amazed about how many inches I have lost in just 1 week.

I shouldn’t be so amazed, I know hard work and dedication pays off… its just been so long since I have had one of those moments that I guess the memory was faded. Well, after last night, the fire inside me grew just a little more. I have decided each Wednesday night I will try those shorts on and each time I will take a picture. In 65 days (9 weeks) I will post each picture as a flip book so you are able to see my transformation. I am so excited; it will be like my bikini photos all over again.

Oh and side note - due to Casey's work schedule this weekend, we will be weighing in tomorrow morning instead of Saturday morning. So come back tomorrow to read who won this week's weigh in. I hope he does, I mean I have dominated that scale 2 weeks now the poor boy needs a win. Ha! Next week it will be changed to BMI loss instead of weight loss, it would have been changed this week but we forgot to measure last week so...

No comments:

Post a Comment