Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fit Test

Have you ever done Insanity? If so, you know that Shaun T has you do a Fit Test at the beginning of the program and then every couple of weeks. This allows you to see your progresss of how far you have come since day 1. I love this idea because everytime I would get discouraged, I would compare my fit test results and know that the program is actually working.

Tonight I train Aves for my 2nd time and I have decided that I am going to do a fit test with her. It will be workouts she can do at home so that if she wants to, she can practice and get better, stronger and faster for the next fit test. Casey and I sat down and wrote out a list (below) of what her fit test will be made up of. It is all things that most people should know how to do already and I know over time, she will be able master each one of these workouts. Since I am not with Aves every single day, I have decided to have her re-take the fit test weekly (on Wednesday). Taking her fit test weekly will show me that she is putting the work in (or not) and it will help her stay encouraged to eat healthy and workout.

Here is the Fit Test:

Avery’s Fit Test
Wednesday July 17, 2013

Mad Dash (time) _______________________ - This will be her running from her house to the stop sign at the end of her street and back.

1 Minute of Burpees ____________________ - How many she can complete in a minute time

1 Minute of Jumping Jacks _______________ - How many she can complete in a minute time

1 Minute of Crunches ___________________ - How many she can complete in a minute time

1 Minute of Push-Ups ___________________ - How many she can complete in a minute time (on her knees, hopefully one day she can do them regular)

Plank (time) ___________________________ - How long she can hold a plank

1 Minute of Squats _____________________  - How many she can complete in a minute time

1 Minute of Punches ___________________ - How many she can complete in a minute time (squat position, throwing left and right jabs)

1 Minute of Lunges ____________________ - How many she can complete in a minute time (walking lunges)

1 Minute Box Jumps ____________________ - How many she can complete in a minute time (a box jump is basically a squat in the air)

No comments:

Post a Comment