Monday, June 17, 2013

Great weekend = AWESOME Monday

This weekend was one of the best weekends (eating wise) I have had in a LONG time. I was surrounded by food (free food) and beer almost all weekend long. I could have pigged out and stuffed myself, but instead I stuck to the promise I made myself on Friday morning. I promised myself that I would not cheat, not one single time. That I would eat clean, prepare my meals and take them with me whenever I left the house JUST in case I was out and tempted. Here is how my weekend went...

Friday - My love and I went to a minor league baseball game (Go Fort Worth Cats) and we tailgated before the game started. They had a truck bed full of beer (including my fave, Shiner bock)... I had water. They also had all you can eat chili dogs, chips and some assortment of candy... I brought a shakeology and drank that while Casey ate 2 chili dogs in front of me. You know what, it didn't really bother me all that much. Then when we went to our seats and the vendor walked passed with cotton candy (my weakness)... I still didn't cave. Casey supported me by bringing me extra water to drink so I could focus on that instead of everything else. We left there and I was over come with joy! I wasn't really tempted, I didn't feel left out for not eating what everyone else was eating and I ate clean and stayed on track.

Saturday - I hung out with a girlfriend and instead of stopping at a fast food place, I had brought my shake and drank it instead. We actually did stop at Sonic and she bought a corn dog and tater tots... I had a large water. Then later that day I went to the grocery store and stocked up on our clean eating meals for the week AND stocked up on the food for the baby shower BBQ we are throwing the 22nd. When I got home and unloaded everything, it dawned on me... we haven't had that much food in our pantry and freezer in a long time. What we eat stays in the fridge and it doesn't last longer than a week. However, my pantry had tons of food that was at my access whenever I wanted it and I wasn't tempted not once.

Sunday - For Father's Day, Casey and I attended church with his Mom and Step Dad (and his Mom too) and then joined them for lunch. We went to Coopers BBQ and the moment I walked in, the wonderful smell filled my nose. It smelt so good. Instead of just blowing it, I texted a good friend a picture of the menu and asked for her help. I ended up getting a side salad with no dressing, 1/2  chicken with the skin pulled off and beans. I only ate 1/2 of the chicken and packed up the rest for lunch today. It was very tasty and I felt great with the decision I made.

Monday - This morning was awesome, after a weekend of clean eating (instead of blowing it like most weekends), I was actually down 1.6 pounds on the scale (instead of up the 4-6 pounds I usually am)!!! 

Clean eating is the way to go people!! Oh and I also worked out (despite my calves being S-O-R-E) every single day this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment