Thursday, June 27, 2013

Letter to myself

My 10 year reunion is quickly approaching so I decided to write a letter to my high school self. Remember I was the "fat cheerleader" (hell I wore a size 12 in high school, that really isn't fat but I guess to a size 0 it is). I struggled with my weight as far back as I could remember and I haven't always been positive about it...

Dear High School Jordan,

Great news… guess what! You are no longer called the fat girl!!! Go ahead and jump for joy, I know I did when I stepped on the scale and then was able to buy smaller jeans from the trendy stores. Bad news is, it will take you a LONG time to realize that you are capable of changing. Yep, you have to continue to struggle with being “fat” for the next couple years. I know it hurts when guys do not notice you, I know it sucks going home crying because all those little bitches were mean to you for being the “fat cheerleader”, and I know it is horrible not being able to buy cute low ride jeans because let’s face it, they don’t look good on you. Your day will come though, I promise!

I know you dream that in the next 10 years, you will have graduated college and be married with a family… well some of that didn’t come true. You will have to join the real world and go to work instead of school… don’t worry though you will take classes when you can afford them and have time, you will never fully give up on that dream (yet at least). Oh and guess what, you will not be married by your 10 year reunion either. It’s probably because you will have such low self-esteem and so you will date all the wrong guys. Don’t worry your pretty little face though, because once you decide to change your life and get healthy and lose the weight, you will meet Mr. Right! Yep, you might not be married by your 10 year reunion but you will be engaged to be married the following March the best guy in the world. He will love you more than you ever feel possible.

Now onto the family part of your dreams… Remember me mentioning you will date all the wrong guys. Well one of those guys will end up being the father to your child (yep a kid out of wed lock, you hooker you! Haha). You will gain weight, you will get HUGE actually. You will be so huge that people will stop and ask you when your twins are due… don’t worry you don’t punch anyone even though you probably will want to. Then, you will give birth to the most perfect little boy. That little boy will make you want to change your life for the better. You will get up and get active and set your mind to losing the weight.

You will end up losing 101 pounds and totally rock it! However, don’t think that life is perfect now… just because you lose the weight doesn’t mean you won’t struggle with weight anymore. Boy oh boy, you will still struggle! I don’t want you to give up though. I don’t want you to think that anything is too hard to do when you set your mind to it. I want you to live your life to the fullest because if you ask me, the next 10 years of your life will define you and set a foundation for your story that will help change so many people’s lives.

See ya in 10 years!

Love,
FitbyJordan

No comments:

Post a Comment