Monday, June 24, 2013

Testing your dedication

When you 1st start something, you are dedicated and motivated 110%. It isn't until about 2-3 weeks in when things start getting tough that your dedication and motivation are really tested. This is why after about February, all of the New Year resolutions die out and the gyms are less crowded. You have to dig down deep and push through the tough times and it will start getting easier again.

I have been back with Lo for almost 2 months now and I have been 110% dedicated to clean eating with no cheating for 3 weeks now. 3 weeks... my  magic number! Saturday I was perfect, fit in a full body workout and stay on track with my eating (didn't even have a piece of baby shower cake)! Sunday I woke bloated, miserable, in a bad mood, tired and everything else. Hello mother nature! I was craving everything I could think of (mostly pizza because that is my go to food for some reason). I wanted to sit on the couch and eat! I pushed through the cravings and headed to church, went grocery shopping, took a nap with Caleb and then went to the splash pad.

I had my 1st volleyball game yesterday (which we lost all 3 games) so I counted that as my workout. Up to this point I was doing so good... was being the key word! I watched my nieces last night after the game and lets just say my sisters house is not a good place for me to be when I am in one of these moods. I wanted to eat everything and well my sister has everything... It wasn't pretty. I had a bite here and a nibble there. I wanted to taste everything. I ended up just having a couple tablespoons of nutella for dinner... washed down with a diet coke from Sonic of course.

This morning I felt gross. I was ashamed of my choices and beat myself up for it... then I stopped. I realized I had a decision to make. I could give up on everything the past couple weeks and go back to my old ways (it was "easier") or I could push through this tough time in my journey and press forward. I chose the 2nd choice. I sat down and prayed for God to take control of the my mind and of all my cravings. I packed my gym bag, grabbed my lunch and headed out the door.

This morning when I got to work, I sat down and wrote out my plan to attend the gym this week. I made a log of all the water I need to drink today. I text my accountability partner and told her my plans. I am not going to let one bad night throw me off track. I have goals and I want to reach them. I will reach them!

No comments:

Post a Comment