Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Just a few tips

Over the last month or so I have had a lot of people ask me for help with their weight loss and I am more than happy to help out! While on the treadmill today I decided that I would list out a few tips that you could use on your journey. Some may work wonders for you... some may not! All I know is that they work for me and well, this is my blog so...

1. Drink a protein shake 30 minutes before bed every night - This has helped me sleep a lot better then I have before. I think it has to do with being full and my muscles are feeding off the protein and "absorbing" the fat.

2. Workout at least 30 minutes a day. This makes me in a MUCH better mood almost 95% of the time. The other 5% is when I end up hurting myself and then I just get pissy! HA!

3. Watch your sodium intake... sodium is what makes you bloated! I try and stay under 1200mg a day!

4. Water is your friend. Take your weight divide it by 2 and then drink that many ounces of water a day!

5. Do not deprive yourself. If you are hungry eat, try and eat something healthy but eat. Also do not deprive yourself of sweets or treats. Do not eat them all the time but if you are able to have self control and stop after a serving, then go for it.

6. That brings me to this tip... you aren't going to get FAT by eating 1 bad meal and you aren't going to get SKINNY by eating 1 good meal. It takes hard work and time people.

7. Give yourself 4 weeks for yourself to see a change, 8 weeks for your friends and family and 12 weeks for random people you see every so often.

8. Eat your sugars and carbs early on in the day to give your body time to break them down before you go to sleep.

9. Protein is your friend!

10. Have an accountability friend/group of friends. For me I have about 10 people who will randomly text me and turn on my motivation/determination switch.

11. Do not get caught up on being thin, get caught up on being healthy!

12. The scale sucks... I love to weigh however, I know that inches are what matters more than that number on the scale.

13. If you are a girl, just forget about how quickly guys lose weight. Do not let it piss you off. They suck!

14. Eat every couple hours

15. I love diet coke and will never give it up...

Hope this helps you some! Remember EVERYONE is different and what works for me may not work for you. If you ever need help or someone to help hold you accountable, just let me know! This is my passion in life and I am here to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment