Thursday, October 15, 2015

Meal Planning


Meal Planning is a HUGE part of weight loss! Did you know that 80% of weight loss is what you eat (or don't eat)?! #TrueStory


I am still a work in progress when it comes to figuring out my macros, getting my calories in, making sure I eat my veggies, etc... but I am getting better each week. One of the things that helps me the most is writing out my meal plan for the week (I eat the same thing every day for that week) and plugging it into My Fitness Pal to make sure everything adds up. I sit there and tweak it about 20 times before I hit print on my menu. Working on the menu a couple days before my grocery day (Saturday morning) helps cut some of the stress out of the process too... I put a lot of work, time and energy into planning each meal so it is tasty, filling and healthy.

I have shared a few things with you guys here and there but I decided to start sharing my weekly menu too. It will help hold me accountable to continue to sit down and take the time to plan out my meals. Accountability is key!

Before Gym Snack (4:30am)
Premier Chocolate Protein Shake (Costco)
 
Breakfast (6:30am)
3 Thin Corn Tortillas
3 Egg Whites
1 Egg
2 oz. Avocado

Snack (9:30am)
Quest Bar - S’more
1 Banana

Lunch (12:30pm)
1 Sandwich Thin
4 oz. Shredded Chicken with Garden Fresh Salsa
(Cooked in the crockpot)
Squash Zoodles
 
Snack (3-4pm)
Six Star Chocolate Protein Shake with water
Oatmeal – 1 serving

Dinner (7:00pm)
4 oz. Shredded Chicken with Garden Fresh Salsa
(Cooked in the crockpot)
Fresh Green Beans

Bedtime Snack (depends on when I go to bed, usually 9pm)
Six Star Chocolate Protein Shake with water

Calories: 1,611
Protein: 46%
Carbs: 33%
Fat: 21%

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment